Acorns Referral Code
What is Acorns?
Acorn is a micro-investment tool that allows you to save “save” from your purchases and allows you to use this small amount in portfolios with a low-risk scenario. If you remember the habit of saving the change and then using it for a large purchase, you will understand how Acorns works. Instead of spending it on things, you will invest it in different investment portfolios.
Acorns work as a robo-advisor (a non-human investment advisor) and let you know where to invest this spare part. You just have to link your credit or debit card with Acorns. The app actually rounds up all of your credit and debit card purchases to the nearest dollar. It then invests the change – the stock change – in a wallet.
- Traditional: Short-term government bonds, short-term corporate bonds, short-term government bonds
- Moderately conservative: Large and small company stocks, real estate, government, international and corporate bonds
- Moderate: stocks, emerging stocks, real estate stocks, and all options mentioned above at medium risk
How does Acorns Roundup Work?
What is a Roundup? Acorns rounds off the buying to the most expected dollar. Then he takes the amount of the difference – the reserve change – from your linked account and invests it in the wallet of your choice.
For example, if you purchased $ 1.65, it will be rounded to $ 2.0, and the $ 0.35 difference amount is invested in the wallet. Sure, it is a small amount, but it does add up in the end. Something similar to what we did in the past, where the rest was stored in a jar and one fine day, was taken to the bank.
Acorns also offer a cash refund option labeled Found Money. It allows you to earn cashback if you spend money on one of Acorn’s partners. You can opt for the Tap and Get Offer with a purchase via mobile or use the Spend Spend offer by simply swiping the linked card as usual.
One criticism, however, is the high cost. It charges a flat management fee that varies between $ 1- $ 3 per month depending on the features you want.
- Acorn Multipliers: This feature helps you increase your engagement. The feature is available for $ 1 per month.
- Spending Acorns: The function allows you to integrate savings in terms of spending and retirement. However, the feature would be a bit expensive as it comes with a $ 3 per month fee.
- Acorns Later: Acorns now also offers RIA accounts. Make sure you are eligible by checking with your tax advisor for any of the IRA accounts. This feature is available for a $ 2 per month fee.
- Acorn Gift Cards: Want to take someone aboard acorns? This is an excellent option to get your friends or family to start investing. It can be a great idea to gift to high school students.
The mobile app is available on all significant Apple Store, Amazon, or Google Play Store platforms. Account creation is only available to US citizens.
If you are looking into support options, the platform does not have human advisor assistance in most cases. This would make it difficult to decide if you have any doubts to clear up before investing. However, you have 24-hour phone and chat support with response times ranging from 24 to 48 hours should be good enough. The website offers many options, and this should be enough to start investing.
Is Acorns right for you?
If you want to make the most of the rest of your spare and have access to occasional cashback, Acorns should be a great option. Collections accumulate much faster, and you will be surprised to see your portfolio grow.
If you need a boost to start investing, acorns may be the best for you. It can also be the right option if you have very little income and do not have much to spare. You can start investing without affecting your everyday lifestyle.
Acorns are excellent service in the micro-savings category. If you are a pro who is in the peek of your career, you can maybe skip the acorns.