Koinly.io Referral Code
The company operates out of its presence in Palo Alto, California 95124. It adheres to the laws of the State of California.
The platform is available in more than 20 countries, including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It allows you to import data via API, CSV files, or x / y / zpub keys and generate reports that can download PDF files.
Cryptographic tax office that also allows users to connect with tax accountants in their region.
Koinly Key Features
- Multi-country support – The platform is available to people in more than 20 countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania, and America.
- Comprehensive Service Integration It integrates with 350 exchanges, including Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, wallet apps like Blockfolio and Delta, and 75 wallets and allows you to easily keep track of mining, staking, and various DeFi activities.
- Easy data import – Koinly allows you to connect to various services via API and import key data.
- Comprehensive Resources – Koinly provides a helpful list of resources such as a Crypto Tax Calculator, Regional Tax Guides, a List of Tax Accountants, and a Blog to keep its users up to date.
- Customer Support – The team provides a Support Section and a Frequently Asked Questions page that aims to address the most common queries. You can also reach out by email and chat live and run a Facebook page and Twitter account.
How to get started on Koinly
Signing up is pretty straightforward, and the main website shows a “Sign Up” button at the top right of the page.
- You can sign up using a Coinbase or Google account by entering an email address and password combination.
- You can also choose to set your location for tax tracking or simply choose to track your portfolio.
- From here, you can access the main panel and add your exchange accounts and wallets.
- You can adjust your account as desired to include the correct tax reporting information for your jurisdiction from the “Settings” tab.
Koinly Exchange, wallet, and service support
Koinly integrates with a wide range of popular crypto services and allows you to track your activities on over 6,000 different blockchains, 350 exchanges, and 75 wallets.
As a result, most major crypto service providers are compliant, and Koinly also integrates with crypto lenders such as Nexo, BlockFi, and Composite.
You can also use the platform to track your portfolios by linking your Blockfolio, Delta, and CoinTracking accounts.
How safe is Koinly?
The team prioritizes customer trust and user data security. It employs a series of security protocols designed to protect against any attack or breach.
However, since you connect to your accounts through the API, it is always a good idea to disable the ability to withdraw and trade when setting up your API connections.
Koinly also uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Heroku for data storage and hosting.
Koinly pricing plans
The platform provides a variety of plans designed to cater to cryptocurrency traders of varying levels of activity.
- Koinly also has a free plan that can be used widely and allows anyone to keep track of their transactions/transactions, exchange accounts, wallets, and preview capital gains tax.
- The Hodler account costs $ 49 per fiscal year and allows you to generate FIFO and LIFO tax reports, as well as international tax reports, complete audit reports, and Form 8949 and Schedule D reports. You can also export to TurboTax and TaxACT. However, it is limited to 100 transactions.
- The merchant account costs $ 99 per fiscal year, provides access to a similar range of features, and increases your transaction limit to 1000. By committing to this plan, you also get access to priority support.
The platform integrates with a wide range of encryption service providers and covers their core activities well. The service provided helps streamline the tracking of all your transactions and eliminate the headache of being on top of all your transactions.
The service is priced reasonably well, although there is no option to pay in crypto, and the company is still developing as it has only been around since 2018.
However, the free account option allows anyone to sign up and test the platform and assess how accurately it helps you monitor all your transactions.
All in all, Koinly offers a service aimed at an emerging crypto sector. The ability to keep track of all their crypto activities will appeal to anyone looking to remain financially compliant and ensure they can “withdraw money” or move between crypto and Fiat with minimal headaches.