Ledger Wallet Referral Code
Ledger Wallet Review
Ledger Wallet identity card, the best hardware wallet. Ledger Wallet is a product of Ledger SAS, a French-US company created in 2014.
The security of Ledger Wallet
Ledger Wallet runs on a Ledger-owned operating system called BOLOS.
The proprietary system is a guarantee of security both because it is impossible to hack and tamper with and because it is equipped with a certain functionality: BOLOS isolates the apps from each other so that they cannot have access to sensitive information.
The operating system is integrated into a Secure Element: a super-secure certified chip designed to withstand attacks of all kinds and capable of storing cryptographic data such as your private keys securely.
These features make Ledger Wallet the first and only certified hardware wallet on the market: its security has been certified by ANSSI, the French IT security agency.
Ledger Wallet supports 26 cryptocurrencies and more than 1500 ERC-20 tokens, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, EOS, and Stellar, which you can safely store and manage in the wallet.
The software: Ledger Live
Ledger Wallet software is Ledger Live. You can install Ledger Live on any computer and smartphone operating system.
Ledger Live allows you to:
- send or receive cryptocurrencies
- buy some cryptocurrencies directly in the app
- manage cryptocurrencies directly from desktop or smartphone in a secure way
- check your balance at any time
- Stake some cryptocurrencies and earn rewards directly in the app
How Ledger Wallet works
The Ledger Wallet operation is intuitive and straightforward: the Ledger Wallets are, in fact, equipped with a screen where you can view each action and manage everything through a simple two-button system. To keep security levels high, Ledger will ask you to confirm each action.
With Ledger Live, you can buy and manage your assets from a single app, directly from your PC or smartphone. If Ledger Live does not support the asset you own, you can use one of the 50 compatible wallets.
For any questions or problems, Ledger provides a support service. Relating to the use of a Ledger Wallet, the Ledger Live app and cryptocurrency apps are also available online.
In case you need additional support, you can contact customer service by filling in the appropriate form on the website.
Ledger models available
Ledger Wallet distinguishes two hardware wallet models: Ledger Nano X and Ledger Nano S.
The Ledger Nano X is the most used and appreciated hardware wallet in the world.
In that case, the Nano X is undoubtedly the best investment you can make to protect your investments.
Ledger Nano X (highly recommended!)
Ledger Nano X is universally regarded as the best hardware wallet in the world.
This wallet allows you to buy, store and manage all the cryptocurrencies and tokens supported by Ledger Live and always have them at hand.
In fact, the device can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth or, for even greater security, via cable.
With the Ledger Live app, you can manage all your assets. You can install up to 100 additional applications related to supported assets.
Ledger Nano X has a 100mAh battery that ensures 8 hours in stand-by, a Type-C connector, and is compatible with Windows 8+, macOS 10.10+, and Linux computers (excluding ARM Processors) and with Android 7 smartphones. + (both wired and via Bluetooth) and iOS 9+ (via Bluetooth only).
Ledger Nano S
Compared to the Nano X, the Ledger Nano S is smaller and cheaper.
It has the same security features, software, supported cryptocurrencies, and compatibility with the S model’s main desktop operating systems. The apps that can be installed are at most 20, and the package includes only a USB cable.
However, users really appreciate the Ledger Nano S and have awarded it with 4.8 stars out of 5, especially for the value for money: we are talking about € 59 for a first choice wallet.
How to use Ledger Wallet
Once you have received the Ledger Wallet you have chosen at home, to start using it, you will need to follow four simple steps:
- Download the Ledger Live app to set up your device and start using it
- Choose a login PIN and 24-word recovery phrase. This phase is significant: the PIN is, in fact, the identification code that will allow you to access your assets, while the recovery phrase is the only backup for your private key. Write them down and keep them in a safe place without ever sharing them with anyone
- Install the applications related to your cryptocurrencies on your Ledger Wallet by accessing the Manager area on Ledger Live
- Create an account to manage your assets. On Ledger Live, you can manage all 26 cryptocurrencies and 1500 tokens supported by Ledger Wallet; in case you have others, you can use a compatible external wallet: Ledger Wallet supports more than 50
- The highest safety standards in the world
- More than 1500 supported crypto assets
- Compatibility with all major operating systems
- Screen to check each transaction in real-time
- Complete software that allows the purchase, management, and stacking in the app
- Compatibility with more than 50 wallets
- There is no telephone customer service
- Customer service is provided only in English and French
- The cable connection is only available for Android smartphones (Bluetooth is used on iOS)
- Cables to connect the Ledger Wallet to laptops and smartphones must be purchased separately